As a procurement specialist, you are responsible to negotiate and secure air logistics space at market competitive rate levels in a timely and cost-effective manner. In your role, it is essential to build-up and maintains carrier relationships. Additionally, you work closely together with our customer care department to serve our customers and to support them in meeting their objectives.
- Develop strong carrier relationships;
- Procure & secure air logistics space at market competitive rates in line with company policy;
- Negotiating price requests with internal Kuehne+Nagel offices worldwide;
- Assist on Local tenders and contribute to worldwide Kuehne+Nagel Global tenders;
- Ensure good communication to all involved stakeholders;
- Maintain and update information in Kuhne+Nagel systems;
- Monitor operational performance of carriers together with your line manager.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Proven experience in Air Logistics (Import / Export);
- Experience in procurement is an asset;
- “Can do” Mentality & Ability to work with demanding deadlines;
- You are a well-organized, independent and solution orientation professional;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, …);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- You speak English, and Dutch. French is an asset.