Do you have an affinity with Logistics (Supply Chain) Applications in Warehouse or Transport execution and planning processes? Able to set solutions between customer and logistics requirements, to design, to config & validate new project implementation on our logistic software platforms?
An application specialist will be supporting and implementing all aspects of logistics operations using existing WMS and TMS knowledge to implement efficient operational processes, as well as overcoming any system hurdles.
- You will be responsible to lead an IS project in case of a new implementation, with the support of our corp and other local project team members.
- Take care of optimal functionality and use of our logistics IT systems (WMS, TMS, and others), problem analysis and to continuously improve it.
- Migration of existing applications to new WMS standard applications and the implementation of new customers in our logistics systems.
- Configuration and logical mapping of the function of our WMS / TMS system.
- Analysis and optimization of work/process flow, implementation of resulting applications.
- Support of local organizations in the description of processes and procedures and assistance in introducing these procedures.
- Release of applications and change management. Definition of test procedures (test cases, test documentation) and testing of bug fixes, release upgrades, and new functions.
- As an application specialists, you provide training to our super-users in our logistics systems. In terms of new features, continuous explanation, and training to users regarding the use of systems. You will also be responsible for preparing and maintaining training materials and securing knowledge.
- Assistance in tender analysis and answering of tender documents, analysis of requested IS functionality, and description of the resulting solutions that can be offered.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- IT and or logistics related studies or adequate experience in an IT-related environment (Bachelor and/or Master).
- + 3 years’ experience in autonomous administration and set-up of IT applications.
- Knowledge of and/or affinity with logistics processes and applications, automation information systems.
- Experience as an Application Specialist (Power User) and any WMS / TMS implementation is a pro.
- Knowledge in WMS – BY/JDA/Discrete (Blue Yonder) is a strong asset now.
- Project management and business analyst skill set is important.
- Be able to analyze system problems clearly and quickly come to a practical solution.
- Pragmatic and proactive setting delivering a good customer experience.
- Strong knowledge of Dutch and English, French is a plus.