We are looking for a Business Manager for our Location in Contern, Luxembourg.
As a member of the Kuehne + Nagel IL team, the Business Manager is the single point of contact between the client and KN IL. You will be responsible for and have the authority to direct the client relationship, management of the client contract, client P/L, and for client specific services. You will ensure that the global needs of the customer are being met by KN IL at a cost that enables profitable performance. As well, the growth of the relationship and volume of business is driven by the Business Manager, complying with the agreed IL Business Development Strategy. You will closely interact internally with other Business Managements in other regions and the regional Logistics Control Centres (LCC’s) to deliver on the value proposition to the client and maintain global consistency. This interaction must focus on structured communication, resulting in clear agreements on business development and account strategy, solution development, operation, finance (including baseline and gain share) and continuous improvement.
- Negotiate, administer and maintain the client MSA;
- Overall account management and P&L responsibility for customer;
- Oversees implementation to ensure alignment with customer expectations and financial objects are met;
- Responsible for identifying and maintaining the proper regional resources and skill sets required to manage the dedicated client services, in close coordination with the local KN line management;
- Set goals and objectives for dedicated and shared teams working to deliver client requirements;
- Responsible for coordinating activities and managing costs to ensure profitable performance;
- Engages all required resources involved with the customer into a cohesive team to deliver results for the customer and for KN;
- Responsible to keep all documentation up to date to ensure subcontractors’ compliance to business and financial requirements;
- Responsible for initiatives designed to improve or grow the business, in close alignment with IL Business Development and Global Business Management;
- Identifies projects above scope of services to be performed and coordinates activities to scope project, prepare business case and track execution;
- Drive proactive suggestions for continuous improvement, drive cost reduction and deliver new projects with gain share and profit potential to drive NP2;Key contact with customer to understand their strategy and direction in order to develop opportunities to grow the business.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Formal education in logistics with a very good understanding of the forwarding business;
- Management experience of at least 5 years;
- Proven track record of people and project management;
- Computer skills: MS Office;
- Strong affinity with required customer quality standards;
- Language skills: English, a second language (French, German) is an advantage;
- Very good communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Analytical skills;
- Flexible and willing to travel (up to 50%).
Your future team
on external job ads) Kuehne + Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is known by its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (easily reachable by car or public transportation from Luxembourg, Germany, France or Belgium). We offer a position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.