For our Benelux organization, we are looking for a Business Unit Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the total operations within Tessenderlo, Eindhout & Geel.
As the leader of these three sites, your aim is to achieve our targets, maintain our volumes and ensure a solid growth of our capabilities. With activities ranging from Pharma to eCommerce, there is a strong variety within your customer portfolio. Besides achieving operational results, it is imperative you can maintain and further develop a culture where we work every day to be the best company to work for and with. As you will become a key leader in a mature organization, we welcome a strong operational mindset combined with a tactical view on logistics.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational result and tactical direction of 3 sites;
- You will formulate strategic targets for your Site Managers and their management teams and through hands-on coaching ensure that this is translated to an actionable plan;
- Ensure an efficient and effective deployment of our resources across the sites in such a way that we can succeed both operationally and in terms of customer delivery;
- Maintain and optimize our P&L by both identifying growth opportunities and continued implementation of our lean methodology;
- Jointly develop a vertical product portfolio with our Business Development team and your operational team;
- You ensure the on-time delivery of projects within timeline and delivery of the anticipated operational situation;
- Establish a transparent and communicative culture, which is built on the pillars of coaching, empowerment of your team and a joint result driven mindset. Through this, you will guide your extended team to where they can not only consistently deliver professionally but as well develop personally;
- Working from the financial result, you are able to translate this to the necessary short and long term actions together with your business controllers;
- As the leader of the Business Unit, you are engaged with our customers and ensure that our focus remains on delivering excellence to them every day. On the one hand this means you ensure structural delivery of the KPI but as well that you act as a strategic partner for our customers;
Your Skills and Experiences
- Master degree or equal by experience;
- Preferably a strong operational background and experience in managing implementations;
- Proven experience of 5-8 years in a relevant warehouse environment;
- In depth knowledge on either Pharma, Ecommerce or last mile are a bonus;
- Experience in managing and presenting budget, annual reports and conceptual solutions both internally and externally;
- Ability to see the larger picture, but also passionate for perfect execution;
- English and Dutch is mandatory, French a potential added value.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer an employee-friendly and casual environment for you to manage a highly skilled team of logistics professional in a challenging and fast-developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.