Customs Business Development Manager | Belgium |
Looking for a new challenge? Lead, coordinate and support the development of commercial strategies for Road Logistics.
The Customs Business Development Manager leads, coordinates, and supports the development of commercial strategies to win large/multi-country and SME opportunities in stand-alone customs business.
- Develop and implement a sales program and strategy for customs value-added services.
- Identify new business opportunities or cooperate with national customs brokerage and sales teams to identify targets and close them with the sales owner
- Manage industry and customer contacts.
- Work strategically with KN teams to develop strategic target account plans.
- Respond to RFQ or RFI inquiries pertaining to customs brokerage inquiries for transport-related and stand-alone customs businesses.
- Review opportunities for existing KN customers who are currently not taking advantage of the KN customs service and/, or other customs consulting services.
- Develop a pricing model to win opportunities and maintain profitability
- Act as a final escalation point on financial and invoicing issues with key accounts such as overdue exceeding credit limits, large amounts of pending invoices, and financial guarantees, …
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Multiple years of experience in Logistics (also in leadership roles)
- Experience in customs brokerage, legal, regulatory compliance, or related experience is desirable.
- Commercial solid skill set and understanding of the customs market.
- Ability to promote clear product vision and to convert customer needs into business growth.
- Business Process Improvement, Implementation, or similar experience driving complex projects with multiple work streams and stakeholders.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to solve problems and develop creative solutions.
- Strong computer skills and technology acumen; includes latest technologies (RPA, OCR?) & applications (XLS., databases, presentations).
- Knowledge of supply chain engineering is a plus.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer an employee-friendly and casual environment for you to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast-developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
With over 78000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.