The Customs Clearance Operator is team member of our Customs department in Kuehne + Nagel Luxembourg.
Join our international team and be part of the team that serves our Forwarding Teams and ensure that all customs requirements for their orders are fulfilled correctly and on time. This includes the correct management of all customs documents and formalities for the import, transit and export of goods, ensuring compliance with all legal and customer requirements in relation to the clearance of goods, advising our carriers on customs matters and establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with customs offices.
- Attracting new clients, giving advice, receiving pricing requests from clients and calculating price offers;
- Preparation of wine and spirit declarations;
- Preparation of tobacco declaration incl. related admin;
- Preparation of Import and Export Customs Clearance;
- Preparing Intrastat declarations;
- Close collaboration with Customs Authorities;
- Controlling of return of customs documents and related invoicing;
- Entering correct/ accurate information into Streamliner/ACON programs as well as into the customs programs like Atlas;
- Organizing necessary customs formality procedures;
- Informing the department head of mistakes/ complaints and their progress
- FSL preparation;
- Adhering to, if applicable, the WHO GDP guidelines (Technical report series) and EU guidelines latest version;
- Adhering to existing KN Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and Working Instructions;
- Compliance with required customer quality standards.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Formal education in logistics (forwarding agent etc.);
- Work experience of at least 2 years;
- Established freight knowledge;
- Excellent speaking skills in English, both written and oral, another language will be a plus;
- Good knowledge of MS office features;
- Ability to fulfil time-critical tasks, keep schedules and deadlines;
- Strong affinity with required customer quality standards as well as general quality standards (such as QSHE or GXP);
- Understand & respect the company confidentiality and compliance regulations (Code of Conduct).
Good Reasons to Join
Kuehne+Nagel in Luxembourg was founded in 1970 and currently has around 700 employees with over 30 different nationalities. Located at the very heart of Europe, and as such the ideal starting place to travel in Europe, Luxembourg is known by its diversity, amazing nature and beautiful castles. Our head office is located in Contern, an industrial zone in the south-eastern part of Luxembourg (easily reachable by car or public transportation from Luxembourg, Germany, France or Belgium). We offer a position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne+Nagel Group.