Are you our new Data Engineer?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible setting where you can be yourself
- Put your ideas forward and act on them
- Contribute to a better environment
WHO ARE WE?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Do you love to work in a data environment? Do you love to offer data and data services in such a way to internal customers that it supports the ambitious goal of realizing the modal shift?
We?re looking for data enthusiasts responsible for the agile development and implementation of high-performance data platforms and ETL-pipelines. As a data engineer you have an important role in making data available, handle and transform data from of all kinds of data sources, by using various tools and (cloud) technologies.
You will be working intensively together with other data engineers, BI-developers and business experts in focused data squads, which are small multi-disciplinary projects tackling strategic objectives concerning data and delivering datasets, gap-analysis, visualisations and data-models.
You will join the Lineas data team that lives and breathes the agile mind-set. As a data engineer at Lineas, you don?t work on a island, but in close collaboration with other IT-teams, the broader BI-community and different business teams.
You show an interest in the challenging context of the railway industry and you have the drive to help push projects forward.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
Key elements are:
- Develop data pipelines (ETL) from source applications towards a Data Warehouse or another reporting- or analytics datamodel
- Actively contribute to an advanced Analytics Platform using various (open source big data) technologies and some commercial products such as Alteryx/Tableau
- Contribute to the creation of an enterprise data model
- Assemble and handle data sets that meet all kinds of business requirements
- Interacting with business stakeholders in order to commonly validate and define (implemented) requirements
- Data profiling
- Implement tools and frameworks for team members or more advance business intelligence profiles within the company
- Take responsibility within your datasquad to (pro-)actively communicate and align with squadmembers and stakeholders, make progress and roadblocks transparent and look for ways to push the project forward
WHAT IS YOUR PROFILE?
You have the requirements that we need and experience equivalent to:
- You have a bachelor or master degree, preferably within IT or equal by experience
- You have a ?yes-we-can? and ?hands-on?-mentality and value open communication
- You have a proactive mind-set, with the ability to explain technical issues in an understandable manner to end customers (customer centric)
- You have a passion for data/ a data-driven mindset and would love to handle data from different kinds of sources with a keen eye on data quality
- You are stress resistant in case of emergencies
- You are a natural problem solver and come up with pragmatic solutions when necessary, keeping in mind concepts like technical debt
- You show intellectual curiosity: exploring new territories and finding creative and unusual ways to solve problems.
- You don?t strive to be the best of the team, you strive to be the best for the team
- You have a good knowledge about SQL databases and database querying languages
- You?re experienced in working with database systems (SQL and NoSQL based)
- You have experience in handling all types of data from different data sources
- You have experience in working or are very eager to learn to work with big data technology (preferably Apache Spark) and in an cloud environment (f.i Amazon Webservices)
- You have experience in working with one or more data visualization tools (f.i. Tableau, QlikView,?)
- You are familiar with the principles of project management and can put them into practice
- You have are familiar with agile methodologies and scaled frameworks such as SCRUM
- You have fluent knowledge of English.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ?
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast moving and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time – even from home or on location if it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.