Distribution Solution Engineer | Belgium | req64879
We are looking for a Distribution Solution Engineer for our office and warehouse located in Geel. Are you the passionated professional which we are looking for?
We are looking for a Distribution Solution Engineer to join our Contract Logistics Business Unit. You will participate in logistic solution projects from analyzing the distribution challenges presented by our (internal and external) customers, over the development of solutions, through the full implementation of the agreed distribution solutions. You will be part of our solid developing Solution Engineering Team.
- Analyzing and investigating set-ups/solutions of both existing and new customers, based on the available data and your experience.
- (Re-)design distribution solutions and improvements concerning logistics processes and end-to-end distribution solutions (inbound transport, B2B, B2C, last mile delivery and returns, dedicated set-up… ).
- Optimizing existing processes by acting as a distribution expert in continuous improvement projects ran by operational teams.
- Preparation of a full fletched implementation and project plans. Follow-up of all steps of the implementation to ensure realization as scheduled within the budget.
- Problem solving and solution coordination on all issues which appear during implementation phase.
- Use of available tools for calculations to create distribution solution.
- Perform activity based cost calculations and support proactive and competitive responses to tenders (RFQ's).
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- You have a master's degree in the area of logistics or an equal level by experience.
- You can present two years of experience in transport planning, -management, and/or engineering.
- You have a proven track record in transport or logistic engineering, knowledge of logistics IT solutions is an asset.
- You are familiar with transport cost models and the establishment of rates.
- You are a strong communicator with experience in tackling problems, leading project meetings, delivering strong presentations, both with customers and suppliers (external and internal).
- You have a self-motivated personality and a results-driven, hands-on mentality.
- Language skills: Dutch and English: fluent speaking and writing, French is an asset.
- MS Office: expert MS Excel.
- You are willing to travel to Belux concerning different projects/customers.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a position in a strong international environment with a competitive salary and development opportunities within the Kuehne+Nagel Group.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.