What impact will you make:
- You're purchasing and negotiating constantly in your day-to-day job with different carriers;
- You build up a network of preferred carriers to find the best solution for each transport;
- You're able to deal with both internal and external customers and suppliers;
- You are always busy to improve and understand that being the same as yesterday doesn't make the difference tomorrow.
Your journey with us:
When entering the office in the morning the first thing you do after grabbing a cup of coffee is checking if your trucks are still running as scheduled.
Thereafter you will go through the list of new orders which came in from the various customers. While checking the specific demands of the customers, you look for possible options to organize the transport.
After your lunch you start with going through your quality figures and financial results of the orders delivered the day before.
In alignment with operational and commercial colleagues you take the appropriate actions.. During the afternoon you finalize the organization of the orders pending.
Also, you constantly check on the status of the order running.
After a successful day, you finish the work satisfied and start your evening.
What you offer
- You already have some experience in transport and especially in the brokerage business;
- You have a commercial mindset and you're not afraid to negotiate with the suppliers. ; You enjoy the game of negotiations with a winners mentality;
- You're able to use the English language fluently and can also speak the local language;
- You are result driven and always willing to improve yourself and others around you;
- You set the bar high for yourself and your colleagues;
- You're an experienced user in Windows based TMS tools and MS Office programs;
- You are an ambitious and enthusiastic person.
What we offer
Working at the Top 3 player worldwide within the logistics industry! A strong and close team of professionals welcomes you at DB Schenker.
- A challenging job with growth opportunities;
- A position with a lot of responsibility and independence within a dynamic and young environment;
- An employment in a sector that makes a positive contribution to achieving environmental objectives;
- An attractive salary supplemented with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance, eco vouchers, cell phone, laptop;
- Time off and leave that can be planned freely, considering the team occupation and the deadlines;
- Flexible working hours, you are in charge of your own agenda;
- A mobility plan that allows you to travel to work in an easy, healthy and green way, facilities such as an electric bycycle;
- Being part of the Schenker family worldwide;
- A work from home-office setup allowance to make sure you have everything you need for an ergonomically workstation.