Are you our new It Software Analyst?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
As an analyst you must make sure scope is available for the development teams to implement by providing a stable inflow of user stories. You are responsible for analysing new processes and changes to existing business processes, conducting requirement gathering sessions and translating them into functional specifications for the relevant applications.
Participates in and executes quality assurance through product validation and integration testing supported by your colleagues from QA and assist business in their UAT testing.
As an subject matter expert, you help your colleagues in solving complex bugs and incidents all in close collaboration with our external suppliers.
Assist the solution architect in making recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
What are your duties?
- Assist in decomposing high-level business requirements into detailed requirements using business process modelling techniques like BPMN.
- Translate business requirements to user stories for suppliers and internal development teams using Agile techniques and in accordance with the reference Enterprise Architecture
- Challenge the business analysis in close cooperation with the business on getting a consensus on the business process
- On correctness & completeness being a partner for the business
- From a value vs implementation cost perspective discussing and proposing possible and more cost-efficient alternatives with the same or similar business value
- Act as a soundboard for our solution architects when designing the domain and data models of the business analysis
- Review requirements and design documentation with focus on data modelling
- Supported by your colleagues from QA test the software releases, fixes and application enhancements and document the results.
- In a 4th line work on resolving complex issues & incidents together with your colleagues from the 3rd line software support and/or our suppliers
- Assist end users in using our applications and answer their questions in a structured and understandable way. Document your work so it can be re-used by your 3rd line support colleagues.
- As subject expert (you know what?s being build and/or which software is needed in order to provide the business value) you keep an eye on licenses and support budgets required by the software in your scope / domain
What is your profile?
- Open & honest, highly energetic and intrinsically motivated
- Strong analytical skills with interest in processes and data
- A fast learner, quick to absorb new skills and adapt to new contexts. Quick to take in information, understanding different angles and viewpoints of a business domain or technical architecture
- A natural communicator, able to explain complex topics to different stakeholders in understandable language
- Fluent knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch and French.
- Being able to challenge assumptions in both business analysis and architecture
- Highly autonomous, proactive and responsible
- A team player who can support others in their learning and initiate improvements
- Able to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Customer friendly and immune to stress
- No problem with eventual but remunerated guard duties outside business hours
- You are reliable, organized, curious, rigorous and proactive
- Have experience with BPMN, sequence diagrams, data modelling, ?
- Good knowledge of lean and agile methodologies and scaled frameworks such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Experience with Jira (story writing) & Confluence
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …
What do we have to offer you? With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time – even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.