Freight transport by train is becoming more important by the day. Unsurprisingly so, as it is much better for the environment and for mobility than road transport. Added to that, rail is safer and often more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest private European players in the field of freight transport by rail. We see it as our responsibility to convince companies to participate in the modal shift, taking goods off the road and onto the track.
We are realising this ambitious mission with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and considerable passion and commitment to our customers. ?We want to grow and really make a difference in the international arena.
Objectives of the position
- Optimal management of administrative matters (planning, follow-up, post-processing, etc.) associated with the maintenance activities; focus on streamlining the administrative tasks & simplifying the management of the mobile maintenance teams?
- Simplification/improvement of the processes of the mobile teams thanks to active collaboration and support of the Maintenance Delivery Coordinator and Maintenance Delivery Responsible
- Assurance of administrative follow-up for the quality, safety and HR systems
- Processing, monitoring and entering the daily activities of the mobile teams in the relevant systems; also using this method to produce the necessary daily reports relating to the activities carried out
- Managing and drawing up day reports (FR/NL), entering the various files, supporting the other employees with regard to the administrative activities relating to maintenance delivery
- Managing the classification with the department’s internal and external documents
- Drawing up the schedule for the maintenance delivery activities
- Following repairs, checking the information and, if necessary, sending it to customers
- Following up on orders for freight car parts; ensuring that this takes place in a transparent manner and, where necessary, discussing/validating with the manager
- Checking pre-invoices before sending to Finance
Quality & safety
- Taking the necessary administrative actions to ensure that the quality policy is applied; doing so by regularly challenging oneself, seeking improvements and striving for operational excellence
- Strictly applying the defined safety rules and taking part in continuous improvements to develop a safe and pleasant work environment
- Receiving customer orders, actively communicating with customers regarding the progress made with repairs, approving freight cars after repair, and drawing up freight car notes
- Keeping freight car details, engaging in various communications with customers
- Drawing up and forwarding repair sheets, handling the data in the repair sheets
- Liaising with Shared Services (HR, Facilities, etc.); ensuring that the necessary processes are respected and that the required documents are drawn up / classified
- Recording the activities and keeping the time sheets; entering the data in Access and performing daily checks on the handling of freight car data
- You have a secondary education diploma or equivalent experience
- You have relevant experience in an administrative role
- You have experience in planning in a technical environment
- You have good knowledge of Excel – Word – Outlook
- You communicate in Dutch and French; English and German are an advantage
- You have strong social skills and are a true mediator and problem-solver, capable of taking action at short notice
- An ability to cope well with stress is a must
- You are willing to work elsewhere now and then (+/- 1 day/week)
What do we offer?
- You will receive an attractive salary with a nice set of benefits
- We will give you thorough in-house training when you begin, and all the coaching you need to start working. You will continue to be offered every opportunity to further develop your talents
- You will be able to work autonomously and free of time constraints – even occasionally from home or on-site if that works out better
- You will be working at a young and dynamic company. Things progress quickly here, so there is always a great deal of change. This will open up permanent prospects for your career
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that competencies and talents are unrelated to origin, skin colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …