Are you our new Manager Reliability (wagons)?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
- You will fill in the function of ECMF2 for wagons;
- You respect and enforce the safety-related internal guidelines, regulations and legal requirements when carrying-out the safety critical tasks, and follow the safety-related trainings and the certification path linked to the function;
- You assure wagon safety, by ensuring that the assets and the maintenance of the assets (including the spare parts) are in full compliance with all applicable standards, laws and imposed safety goals and safeguard the accreditations imposed by the regulations;
- You maximise wagon reliability by maximising MTTE and continuously optimizing maintenance from a technical and safety point of view.
What are your duties?
- Determine the maintenance plan and/or maintenance program (VPI for wagons), with respect for the safety and technical integrity of assets (good family man principle);
- Continuously improve (together with the continuous improvement responsible from LPS) the maintenance activities (type of maintenance being executed), maintenance process design (e.g. damage discovery (and financial recovery) process) and maintenance principles (i.e. shift from time to condition based maintenance), in order to find the most optimal maintenance concept (what & when), based on the analysis of incidents, recurring damage and maintenance works carried out, and (in the end) document the relevant changes in the process descriptions;
- Guarantee the good working of the maintenance system of Asset Maintenance by monitoring procedures, guidelines and trainings within the scope of the objectives of the function Reliability Manager Wagons, according to the EU Regulation related to the Entity in Charge of Maintenance;
- Take ownership of the configuration management of the ECM Lineas wagons implying defining and following up components;
- Write own ECM instructions and TOR documents, where necessary and distribute them to the workshops;
- Organize and take the lead in REX meetings with respect to incidents, technical problems, recurring damages and/or executed maintenance works (for which inputs arise from for example inspection reports) with the aim to find solutions and proposals for improvement together with the Reliability team, even for assets for which Lineas is not the ECM, as well as input for potential claims and warranty cases;
- Organise and/or validate optimization and change studies and relevant changes in the technical and maintenance status of the wagons, from the point of view of safety and integrity, by means of risk analyses;
- Actively participate in optimisation studies lead by the Department Maintenance Compliance & Performance? by interacting with NSA's (SSICF, etc.), Belgorail, etc., and being the technical expert on the wagons and their maintenance;
- Collaborate closely with the Operational Fleet Manager Wagons and his/her team, as bi-directional communication on the maintenance plans and executed maintenance is needed to ensure the quality of the maintenance performed;
- Integrate the function of wagon regulation within the wagon maintenance organisation to defend Lineas interests in GCU meetings (appendix 9 and 10) and reach out to the wagon inspectors on the shop floor;
- Organise the required inspections of (performed) maintenance with respect to both quality (via field visits) and cost (based on invoice comparison) either with own means (i.e. own technical inspectors) or by using external parties (i.e. accreditation companies);
- Organise contradictory inspections and expertise at request of the fleet managers, e.g. in case of rent-in or rent-out;
- Assist in audits and certifications of workshops organised by ECMF1;
- Sign engineering contracts with technical expertise bureaus (e.g. BIL) for outsourced competences;
- Ensure the quality & completeness of data, including all technical information after maintenance or repair on ECM Lineas wagons and their critical components, and take responsibility for the optimization / automation of data entry;
- Respect and enforce the safety-related internal guidelines, regulations and legal requirements when carrying-out the safety critical tasks, and follow the safety-related trainings and the certification path linked to the function;
- Lead and coach a team of direct experts in maintenance and regulation;
of which activities 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 are related to ECMF3.
What is your profile?
- You have a Master degree or equivalent by experience
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in English and Dutch/French, with a good knowledge of the other language (FR/NL), German is a plus
- You have demonstrated experience in leading a (virtual) team
- You have a technical background
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …
What do we have to offer you? With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time – even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career (after 18 months in your current role, there is an opportunity for internal mobility).