Operations Manager | Belgium |
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our Contract Logistics Business Unit.
You will be responsible to deliver an excellent warehouse performance on all warehouse activities assigned to you. You will focus on supervising day-to-day warehouse activities and on strengthening all logistic processes part of and linked to the warehouse activities. The day-to-day warehouse activities consist of a reception, inbound, outbound, packaging, storage, value-added services, and much more. Strengthening logistics processes includes taking part in leading the implementation of new business, improving existing business, continuous improvement projects, and much more.
- Overall supervision, coordination, and final responsibility for the day-to-day operations assigned to you. You will take this responsibility in strong collaboration with your team leaders and other staff in a way that your team achieves the internal and external KPIs. (QCDISME) This includes full responsibility in the planning of orders and in the staff which needs to be scheduled and furthermore responsibility in an escalation of problem-solving and solution coordination on all issues which appear. In doing so you take full responsibility for maintaining and improving the relationship with your customers;
- Manage diverse projects within the warehouse environment. You will take the lead in defining, planning, preparing, implementing, and follow-up of projects such as the operational implementation of new customers, integration of new activities for current customers, integration of new ways of working;
- Maintaining and strengthening the existing continuous improvement culture by actively stimulating and supporting our Kuehne+Nagel Production System (PS). You will be the ambassador for continuous improvement in your team and you will lead several continuous improvements – projects yourself to increase performance and quality and decrease costs;
- Building and maintaining your team and stimulating the development of the individual employees in your team. You take on the final responsibility for the people management in your area included: staff communication, organizing team meetings, team building activities, support in recruitment & selection of staff, staff guidance and evaluation in general, training, coaching, and more;
- Brickwall the execution and follow-up of our quality, health, safety, and security policy (QSHE) including safety meetings, safety walks, security audits, follow-up of data quality in different databases, and more;
- Develop and implement the tactical and operational plan for your warehouse area to support the realization of the strategic plan of the whole organization. Contribute to the development of that strategic plan during the planning phase.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- You have a master's degree in international forwarding and logistics or an equal level of experience complemented with at least 3 years of successful management in a role similar to the vacant role;
- You have a solid knowledge both of warehouse and logistic processes and of the concepts of lean management and continuous improvement;
- You discovered a strong leadership within yourself to take responsibility for results and to lead a team. It goes without saying that this leadership emergence in well-oiled communication skills which you use in dialogue with colleagues, customers, and union representatives;
- You have solid (personal) work organizing and time management skills. You like a healthy amount of stress in your job coming from (customer) deadlines and unforeseen circumstances;
- You have a self-motivating and result-motivated personality;
- Software knowledge and usage: advanced MS Excel and advanced experience in using warehouse management systems as a manager;
- Language skills: English, Dutch: fluent speaking and writing, French is an asset.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
With over 78000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.