Are you our new Production Planner?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
You are co-responsible together with your colleague production planners to build, optimize and issues the production planning to route clients cargo flawlessly from ?end to end? perspective on the safety certificate of Lineas with an efficient operational up & downstream alignment to assure customer promises delivery covering resource such as rail paths, locomotives, drivers, ground operations and wagons.
You are part of the Production Planning Team. In this role you contribute to the implementation of End-to-End production planning processes, tools and standards in line with the overall Production Planning Strategy.
What are your duties?
You are responsible for specific set of production lines within a geographical area allowing resource and expertise pooling and ensure detailed planning of Committed demand (Make to Stock) + ST orders (Make to Order) complaint with current processes and way of working related to below domains:
- Production Planning: Integrated planning of all production resources on the safety certificate of Lineas (time horizon of M-6 to N-48h
- Rail path planning: Cost efficient and qualitative ordering and processing of rail paths
- Locomotive planning: Cost efficient and qualitative loc (line) & maintenance planning
- Ground operations Planning: Cost efficient and qualitative ground ops (activity) planning
You develop specific process knowledge such as Holiday Planning, Infrastructure Works, Long term planning etc.
You and your colleagues are accountable to assure stable, safe and efficient resource utilization in line with agreed customer promise
- Assure zero planning errors.
- Assure the best possible transversal resource optimization.
- Assure Planning agility & responsiveness.
- Assure operational stability in line with agreed upon product spec(s), resource capabilities and safety rules.
You and your colleagues actively contribute to developing ?one-company? culture and like to take up responsibility and are not afraid of taking initiative.
What is your profile?
- Knowledge of internal (Rail)freight planning systems (Railcube, Iron, others) and/or rail freight (safety) regulations
- Interest to delve into the tools at work instruction level is a must . Prior knowledge is a plus, but not necessary
- Bachelor degree in logistics or equivalent
- You are a strong analyst
- You are a fast, solution-oriented thinker with an eye for detail and strong affinity with required customer quality standards
- You are well organized and able to prioritize in a context of changing priorities
- You have strong communication skills both in writing and oral
- Team spirit is crucial: without your colleagues and your partners, you cannot start anything in this role. Such colleagues may be seated next to you at the table, but may also be the head of some small goods station somewhere halfway between Cologne and Hamburg.
- Talent and commitment to continue advancing in your career
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time – even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.