Do you have an engineering degree?
Are you not afraid to get your hands (and pants) dirty, as you will perform regular workshop visits?
Do you want to improve the reliability of our wagons?
Then you might be our new Technical Engineer!
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
As a Technical Engineer you are responsible for the for the structural improvement of technical safety, reliability and cost-effectiveness of the wagon fleet owned or leased by Lineas. Your focus will be on safeguarding the wagon fleet safety & optimizing the fleet reliability and maintenance cost, while ensuring compliance with legal requirements, regulations and internal guidelines.
What are your duties?
To improve the technical performance of the wagon fleet, you will:
- Investigate incidents, accidents and damages to wagons and develop and implement solutions to avoid re-occurrence;
- Analyze wagon fleet reliability data to identify trends, risks and opportunities to improve the fleet reliability;
- Identify and study repeated failures and develop and implement design and/or maintenance standards changes to eliminate those failures;
- Define, develop & implement wagon configuration changes to meet safety, reliability and operational needs
- Lead Return of Experience meetings with suppliers, third party ECM/keepers and customers;
- Engage and monitor engineering contractors for specialized studies (f.e. finite element calculations);
- Optimize and standardize maintenance procedures and processes;
- Provide engineering support for internal and external parties (workshops, stations, customers)
What is your profile?
- You have an engineering degree (civil or industrial), preferably within a mechanical oriented track;
- A first work experience is a plus, but is not required;
- You are not afraid to get your hands (and pants) dirty, as you will perform regular workshop visits;
- You are proactive and communicative;
- You are fluent in English and either Dutch or French
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time – even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.