Xtra HaXtra Harbour Select specialises in the supply chain, customs, shipping and forwarding. As we only work within these business units, we’ve obtained the experience to assist our clients in search of the perfect employee, while prioritising a personal approach!
Our client understands the need to distinguish and that’s why they are always expanding. In particular we’re looking for a Trader who works in Africa.
The main objective of the Trader is to grow a portfolio of profitable customers & transactions through the creation of strong relationships with trustworthy customers and suppliers within the emerging markets (Africa). As a Trader you take responsibility to set and pursue the (trading) market development strategy for your assigned region and actively participate in setting the global strategy for your product portfolio. The Trader reports to the BU Manager. Frequent travel to the assigned region and occasional global travel will be needed.
• You preferably have at least 2 years of experience in a similar product and/or business environment and understand what being a ‘Trader’ means: buying and selling, problem-preventing/solving, customer and supplier loyalty.
• You are willing to travel to emerging economies and build relationships and deals with various types of people & cultures. (6-8 times a year).
• Your education is a commercial, technical or logistic oriented
• You are a result driven, organized and accurate individual, flexible and with a talent for negotiations.
• You are eager to learn and have the necessary maturity to work in an international environment.
• You definitely have a commercial mindset with strong communicative abilities enabling you to establish long-term relationships with the customers.
• You like working in a dynamic and transparent team where communication is key.
• You speak English and French. Speaking Dutch or any other language is a plus.
• A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
• Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture.
• An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.
Interested in this position? Contact via Dries.Dierckx@xtra.works or 0472/18.35.09