Mission of the role:
Reporting to the Director of Transport and Logistics, you will manage a diverse range of topics related to the safe, sustainable and efficient transport and logistics of products and raw materials of the chemical industry.
With the support of issue teams and expert working groups, you will be responsible for following up on key logistics policy and regulatory developments, and for developing positions to address these, taking into account legal, political and company boundaries. You will support Cefic members in the development of best practices in transport and logistics safety, sustainability and digitalisation.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Shape the European transport policy – primarily for road but also rail, barge and maritime, including the development of position papers and advocacy plans on issues of importance to the chemical industry (such as low-emission mobility, multimodal optimization and digitalisation)
- Support the advocacy of Cefic positions at the European Commission and towards other business associations
- Give guidance to the sector on low emission transport management in connection with responsible care.
- Seize opportunities and tackle challenges created by the digitalization of transport
- Develop and promote industry best practice guidelines to further increase the safety, security, sustainability and efficiency of chemical transport and logistics by all transport modes, in close co-operation with the logistics service providers and their representative associations
- Support the Cefic Issue Team sustainable transport & logistics, manage the Cefic Network of Experts on transport digitalisation and support the Network of Experts on Transport Safety
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
- A master’s degree or equivalent in on-the-job specialised trainings in engineering, sciences, or business management
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an international working environment in the chemical manufacturing or transport industry or in an international industry association
- Proven experience in managing transport and/or safety issues
- Understanding of all physical and administrative processes involved in the loading, unloading and transport of materials, including relevant transport legislation
- Basic knowledge of the international regulations for the transport of dangerous goods
Required personal and interpersonal qualities:
- A good team player who is able to work as well independently and objectively in a multi-functional and multicultural team
- Strong communication skills: ability to speak clearly and concisely in front of a group; ability to deliver well-organized, very enthusiastic and convincing presentations and ability to adapt style and language to audience
- Excellent writing, networking and negotiation skills (in person and virtually)
- Excellent organisational, project management and computer skills
- A curious personality, keen to learn and improve continuously.
- Pro-active with service and customer orientation
- Prepared to live in Belgium (Brussels)
- Full professional proficiency in English (written and oral), additional European languages are a definite asset
What do we offer?
- Working in a people oriented, international and dynamic culture at the centre of EU affairs
- Full time employment contract, Competitive salary according to experience and several benefits
- Opportunities for employee development (trainings, mentoring)
- Option of interviews via video conferencing