Transportation Procurement Specialist
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Transportation Analyst. This position will be a member of the Strategic Planning & Control (SP&C) team within Logistics Procurement. This role will be an analyst on the SP&C Team responsible for project management, supporting strategy development, implementing new procedures, and focusing on continuous improvement with respect to sourcing activities for Logistics Procurement. The team scope is global and includes support of all domestic and international transportation modes, warehousing, packaging, and 3rd party logistics. The SP&C team scope also includes the development of processes and procedures for technology implementation (defining requirements, road mapping future state development, liaising with IT developers).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Strategic Planning initiatives within a Logistics Procurement Category
- Drive annual global logistics sourcing strategy development and review process.
- Champion execution against global plan to develop and maintain standards relating to contracts, rates, approvals and supplier relationship processes.
- Determine optimal way to complete job assignments in order to achieve desired results.
- Lead Logistics Procurement management of Transformation Projects to Reduce Logistics Services and Packaging Costs
- Manage department-wide projects and drive execution to accomplish division level goals
- Bachelor's degree ; 3+ years of experience in transportation, packaging, supply chain or warehousing/distribution
- Experience leading transformative projects in the Supply Chain and Logistics areas such as competitive sourcing projects and process improvement initiatives
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong technical skills
- Bachelors Degree in in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Information Systems, Analytics, or similar field
- Advanced Degree such as Master of Science/Engineering, Master of Business Administration (MBA) or similar
- Comfortable gathering, interpreting, and presenting data to high-level management
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience in advanced data analysis techniques such as R, Python, or SQL
- TMS experience ; Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Previous relevant co-op, internship, or work experience