Are you our new B2B-Connect Consultant / Solution Architect ?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for? You implement and/or design B2B solutions which can be succesfully build by a team of developers.
How? By building bridges between external-, internal stakeholders and IT stakeholders.
You communicate with them, analyze, model, structure and elaborate their processes, problems and needs, and then communicate the flows intelligently to the developers. You help all stakeholders in the E2E onboarding of the B2B solutions.
What are your duties?
Working on projects within strategic programs
- You translate a (complex) business problem into solution building blocks
- You assist other project stakeholders in capturing functional and non-functional requirements that significantly impact the solution
- You clearly understand and document the boundaries (scope) of the solution and the architecturally significant concerns (driving requirements)
- You define and document the architecture by describing the architectural decisions and possibilities and views that have been developed to address the concerns of the stakeholders.
- You ensure that applicable principles, policies, standards and guidelines are being applied.
- You define and apply non-functional requirements as cross-cutting concerns on the solution architecture views
- You check (using appropriate validation techniques) whether you made the right architectural decisions and tradeoffs between the competing needs.
- You reduce architecture-related risks and obtain formal approval of the architecture.
- You communicate the solution architecture to external-, internal and IT stakeholders.
- You take ownership of your solutions. You provide continuous guidance to the project during the implementation of the solution. You respond to the need for changes to the architecture.
- You act as integration analyst in complex E2E projects, deliver Integration POC?s, define and manage E2E integration test
Contributing to the architectural principles and guidelines
- Within the area of the B2B-Connect layer, you facilitate discussions with key experts in and outside the ICT-organization, about how the architectural principles need to be translated into practise and consistent guidelines. Realigning or even recalibrating with new aspects of reality in alignment with B2B-Connect team lead
Connecting beyond Lineas walls
- You monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways to gain competitive advantage so you can take this into account when contributing to the architectural principles
Delivering expertise and advice
- You do everything within a B2B-Connect project except for the real development work, but you?re not scared of diving into the code.
- You serve on planning-, design-, policy-, decision making- and steering committees.
- You assist development and operational teams in solving problems in the B2B-Solutions
What is your profile?
- You are fluent in English with a good knowledge of French/Dutch
- You have at least a master degree in Information Management or equivalent by experience
- You have minimum 3 years of experience in the role of a solution architect, analyst or software developer and a proven track record of at least 3 years in IT within a data driven, software development or -integration oriented organization.
- Having experience within processes of a logistics service provider is a major plus
- You have a technical background in programming
- You have a proven track record within the ICT domain related to integrations, solution architecture and data modelling
- You have an up to date knowledge of modern architectural principles and are eager to learn
- Practical experience with EDI, XML, JSON, API?s?
- Theoretical knowledge of domain driven design principles is a plus, preferably hands on experience with DDD techniques
- Knowledge of message standards, and experience in translations between standards
- Broad knowledge of communication protocols, platforms and the use in combination with an ESB
- Experienced in modelling techniques (story mapping, event storming, ?)
- You are able/willing to work with different project methodologies (agile, scrum, Kanban, ?)
- You are bitten by technology, and passionate to keep up-to-date with evolving technologies
- Soft skills
- You have proven communication skills in both technical and business language
- You are able to work independently and collaboratively
- You are excellent in problem solving
- You can assist and work in close cooperation with the project manager in supporting the project team
- You are able to build a consensus within the teams
- You are highly motivated to work in a challenging and changing environment
- Eager to learn and adapt, creative and analytical
- You are able to think process minded
- You are customer-focused in every aspect of the job
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time – even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.