Do you have good analytical skills, as well as communication skills? Do you have a process improvement mindset?
Then you might be our new Business Controller!
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
As the Business controller, you are supporting the business unit in achieving financial targets and support business decisions through added value financial analysis. You are working closely with the Director controlling in in all financial aspects in terms of reporting, planning, analysis and business understanding from a financial perspective.
What are your duties?
- You act as active support to the different departments in the achievement of financial objectives and company departmental strategy
- You support, improve and, where needed, develop revenue and profitability analytical tools with the objective to support business decisions
- You are a key contributor in the development of the costing / pricing model
Reporting & Controlling
- You analyze the customer/product portfolio profitability with the aim in making recommendation to achieve maximum positive impact on the bottom line
- You provide ad hoc business analyses with valued insight, challenge business and make recommendations based on financial data
- Creates, organizes and manages daily, weekly and monthly executive reporting, including financial results as presented to Executive Committee.
- You manage, improve and further develop companywide performance dashboard
- Manage ad hoc request/projects as requested by the Head of FP&A and the CFO
- Ensure control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of figures, analysis and comments
- You play an active role in the budgeting, forecasting and strategic business plan exercises
- Evaluates data, prepares forecasts, and analyzes trends for P&L forecast
- Support annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Full support on month-end, year-end closing process
- Be source of proposals with regard to existing processes improvement and simplification
What is your profile?
- You have a degree in business administration or economics
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience in a relevant position
- You have a very good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- You have a strong customer focus and a value creation mindset
- You are able to work proactively and under pressure
- You have good presentation and communication skills
- You are a self-starter and able to be pragmatic when it comes to delivering results
- You are a teamplayer
- You experience with Navision, Excel, BI-tools and accounting tools
- You?re fluent in Dutch/French and English, with a good knowledge of the other language (Dutch/French)
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time – even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.