Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Reason and scope of the vacancy
In the context of further professionalization of the Finance Operations Department, Lineas wants to hire an experienced Credit & Collection Manager that will develop the Credit and Collection team further on and that will manage all collection activities and processes to help the company driving value. The main focus in this role will be laying on the implementation of adequate processes to improve and maximise cash flow and to reduce receivables at one hand. On the other hand, the Credit & Collection Manager will need to perform investigations on credit risk at customers and will need to advise on the course of action for credit applications while keeping in mind to support the growth of the company.
Besides all these challenges and while looking already ahead, Lineas has also the ambition to internationalize and to integrate Finance activities within common and streamlined processes. In order to achieve all these requirements, Lineas wants to be ensured and supported by the most effective and efficient processes and systems.
The role reports to the Head of Finance Operations of Lineas.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage, coach and motivate the Credit & Collection team in the execution of their day-to-day activities and objectives;
- Design, drive and implement Credit & Collection efficiency process improvements (driving continuous improvements);
- Responsible to maintain/design and document all Credit & Collection processes and develop and implement the necessary internal controls;
- Review, monitor and update Credit & Collection policies, procedures, manuals, flowcharts and projects;
- Manage the existing customer portfolio, guarantee timely customer cash collection and closely follow-up customer credit balances;
- Investigate, assess and monitor the creditworthiness of (potential) customers and provide specific and adequate advise in order to support the business;
- Maintain excellent contacts with OTC Finance, Corporate Finance and Sales department in order to collect, process and analyse the required information regarding credit files;
- Perform month-end/year-end closing process and accurately reconcile AR ledger accounts with sub-ledger;
- Monitor closely and ensure correct customer bad debt provisions;
- Monitor closely customer ageing balance and take appropriate actions when needed;
- Develop, monitor and refine meaningful Credit & Collection key performance indicators;
- Manage and follow-up closely DSO (so low as possible) through monitoring the different KPI?s;
- Maintain and establish excellent internal and external working relationships (Sales, Operations, Customer Service, OTC Finance, Customers, Auditors, etc);
- Perform mid-year and year-end performance appraisal discussions with direct reports;
- Ensure high quality standards and excellent support to business with execution of ad hoc requests (reports, analysis, KPI?s, ?);
- Support external audit requests and deliver/remediate whenever necessary
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Economics
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an OTC or Credit & Collection role or related work experience
- Experienced people manager
- Excellent knowledge of the overall OTC and Credit & Collection processes
- Experience with ERP software, operational systems, credit & collection tools, MS Office
- Positive and a can-do attitude, you are motivated and committed
- Process oriented with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Flexible with good time-management skills
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French and English
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time ? even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …